Goal of Department
To train students to become world-leading engineers by considering technologies for efficient "information" exchange; and to configure computer technologies to help human society.
Inculcating job- oriented, value based quality education in the discipline where students will be well versed in Micro computer system and software development together with quality interpersonal and professional skills. The curriculum reflects the depth and width of Computer Science, with hands on understanding of technology.
State of the art laboratories are provided for post graduates and research scholars. All the software labs are internet connected to give interface to global environment.
Industrial visits are a part of the academic environment. The Department enjoys good relations with some of the top IT Companies. Seminars, Symposium and Workshops are conducted to keep students updated with new technologies of different industries.
The placement cell provides students with every opportunity to enter top ranking companies
What is CS & IT
Computer science (CS) is a science that deals with the theory and methods of processing information in digital computers, the design of computer hardware and software, and the applications of computers. They are focused with the theory of computational applications. That means they understand the “why” behind computer programs. Using algorithms and advanced mathematics, computer scientists invent new ways to manipulate and transfer information.
Computer scientists are generally concerned with software, operating systems and implementation. Computer engineers often deal with hardware-to-software integration, meaning they have to design and build processors and hardware that can support a given program. As technology advances and our devices become smaller and smaller, a main goal of computer engineers is to create microchips and microprocessors that work economically and efficiently.
Computer engineering students will study concepts in computer science, engineering and mathematics. By combining these three fields, computer engineers are able to solve hardware problems and create state-of-the-art machines that can handle the many tasks computers perform.
Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, IT professionals are the users of technology. IT utilizes existing operating systems, software and applications in tandem to create a larger system that solves a specific business problem. IT constructs a network from established building blocks to carry out a task, such as an automated supplies ordering service.
IT professionals are the users of technology. IT utilizes existing operating systems, software and applications in tandem to create a larger system that solves a specific business problem. IT constructs a network from established building blocks to carry out a task, such as an automated supplies ordering service.
Due to the nature of the work, IT professionals are more likely to interact with clients and co-workers outside of their department. They may help explain to a client how to solve technology problems or work with executives and business owners to construct a technology plan that will meet their business needs.
IT students will study network and database design in depth, and receive an introduction to basic theory and applied mathematics. Successful IT candidates will possess strong critical thinking skills; IT professionals are tasked with resourcefully and cost-effectively applying the tools at their disposal.
Jobs for CS & IT Students
There’s not a lot of diversity in job titles in the computer engineering and Information Technology world depending on your level of education, a degree.
|Job Title||Job in brief||Key skills include|
(application programmer, software architect, system programmer)
|The work of a software engineer typically includes designing and programming system-level software: operating systems, database systems, embedded systems and so on
||Analysis, Logical thinking, Teamwork, Attention to detail|
(product specialist, systems engineer, solutions specialist, technical designer)
|Systems analysts investigate and analyze business problems and then design information systems that provide a feasible solution, typically in response to requests from their business or a customer.
ability to extract and analyze information,good communication, persuasion, Sensitivity.
||A multimedia programmer gives a multimedia product its functionality by writing computer programs or creating websites that draw together multimedia features such as text, sound, graphics, digital photography, 2D/3D modeling, animation and video, according to a designer's specification.
Creativity, Artistic, Logical reasoning
|Film production artist
|Computer Science Researcher
(business architect, enterprise-wide information specialist)
|Business analysts are true midfielders, equally happy talking with technology people, business managers and end users
communication, presentation, facilitation, project, management, Problem solving.
(hardware engineer, network designer)
|Network engineering is one of the more technically demanding IT jobs. Broadly speaking the role involves setting up, administering, maintaining and upgrading communication systems, local area networks and wide area networks for an organization
specialist network knowledge, communication, planning, analysis, Problem solving.
(planner, project leader, master scheduler)
|Project managers organize people, time and resources to make sure information technology projects meet stated requirements and are completed on time and on budget.
organization, problem solving, communication, clear thinking, Ability to stay calm under pressure.
(web designer, web producer, multimedia architect, internet engineer)
|Web development is a broad term and covers everything to do with building websites and all the infrastructure that sits behind them. The job is still viewed as the trendy side of IT years after it first emerged
basic understanding of web technologies (client side, server side and databases), analytical thinking, problem solving, creativity.
(test analyst, software quality assurance tester)
|Bugs can have a massive impact on the productivity and reputation of an IT firm. Testers try to anticipate all the ways an application or system might be used and how it could fail.
attention to detail, creativity, organization, analytical and investigative thinking, Communication.
There are number of other jobs title are also available for CS candidates like:
- Security Software Developer
- Game Programmer
- 3D Graphics Programmer
- Research Assistant
- Combine CS with interests in other fields
- Biology - bioinformatics
- Business - commercial databases
- English - technical writing
- Computer Crime Investigator
Typical Places of Employment of Computer Science Graduates:
- Technology and Internet companies
- Security software companies
- Defense companies
- Many government departments and defense/intelligence agencies
- Many IT companies, and IT divisions of companies in many industry sectors
- The E-Commerce sector
- Banks, financial firms, credit card companies
- And much more
- The Department also maintains research systems to meet the specific needs of individual research projects.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art computer hardware and software.
- Department maintains a dedicated computing and network infrastructure to support its academic and research mission. In addition to these resources, members of the CS department also have access to shared campus computing resources.
- All the notes, provided by the teachers has been uploaded in the web portal (UMIS) of the University.
- Unix Lab- This lab provides access to Solaris (a variant of the Unix operating system) workstations. These machines are used for classroom design projects, classroom instruction, and research in various computer science topics
- Network Lab- In this lab, cadets design, test, manage, and implement computer networks using a variety of equipment. Among the wired and wireless technologies studied are: Ethernet and Token Ring topologies, routing, bridging, switching, and network monitoring and analysis.
- Electronics Laboratory- These laboratories provide opportunities in basic circuit design and analysis and advanced study in feedback, oscillators, filters, and amplifier topologies. They also offer the student the capability to design, build, and test integrated differential and discrete operational amplifiers.
- Digital Computer Logic Laboratory- This lab supports combinational and sequential logic design and also provides the capability to program complex programmable logic devices and field-programmable gate arrays. Students in Digital Computer Logic, Fundamentals of Digital Logic, and senior design projects use this lab
- The software facility at the department includes popular operating system platforms, programming language compilers, development tools, DBMS packages, etc.
- The department has all the latest teaching aids and equipment including several multimedia projectors, Black &White and color laser printers, photocopy machines, scanners, and virtual connectivity for receiving educational programmers from other organizations.
- Department provides WiFi internet facility to all the students within campus.
- The University library has a comprehensive collection of latest books. It also subscribes to several national and international journals and popular computer magazines.
- AKS University has it's own Video Management Portal for virtual lectures & event organised by University.
- University has it's own web based Video Interaction System. Using this we organise 7-8 virtual classes daily from different part of the globe.
Faculty of Computer Application & Information Technology offers following courses :
|B.Tech. (Computer Science)||4 Yrs||12th PCM|
|BCA (Hons.)||3 Yrs||12th|
|B.Sc.(IT) Hons.||3 Yrs||12th|
|B.Sc.(CS)||3 Yrs||12th PCM|
|MCA||3 Yrs||Any Graduation|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||2 Yrs||BCA / B.Sc.(IT/CS), PGDCA|