Social work is an interdisciplinary field and includes studies of the lives and experiences of socially vulnerable people. A central theme is the study of the sources and consequences of social problems, which are investigated at the micro, meso and macro levels. Particularly relevant for social work is the analysis of various interventions designed to prevent or remedy social problems. The field also covers organisational and professional research; studies of how social work is organised and carried out.
The Department of Social Work at AKS University is imparting quality professional training to aspiring social work professionals through excellence in academic as well as social service. It also aims to develop personal and professional competences through integration of knowledge and practice. The department strives to engage in service of the society through interventions at individual, family, group, institution and community levels involving various strategies such as case work, group work, community organization, campaigns, researches, educational programmes, field services, camps, skill labs, trainings and publications. Social Work curriculum provides opportunities for the holistic development of the students. The course design has a balanced blend of classroom teaching with field experience..
- To provide theory, practice and research exposure to students in Social Work and Human Resource Management and other allied courses offered in the faculty.
- To provide opportunities for individual growth and development
- To equip the students to assume leadership in civic life and evolve into socially aware and responsible citizens themselves.
- To equip students to take up challenging jobs in various fields of social work and human resource management and other respective fields.
- To create a Federation of Social Work and Social Service Agencies.
The University focuses equally on Theory, Action Research and Fieldwork. It is one of the few institutes, which has a strong blend of theory and concurrent extensive fieldwork to groom professionals to benefit themselves in dynamic socio-economic milieus and social environment.
|2 Yrs||M.S.W. (Master of Social Work)||Graduate any stream|
|2 Yrs||B.A. (Computer Application)||10+2 in any stream|
|2 Yrs||B.A. (Fashion Design)||10+2 in any stream|
- Sangam Social work meet organised in April 2017
- Social survey for member of Parliament ,satna with VIF ,Delhi
- 2 national and 4 state Laval visit in every semester
- Social work is a dynamic, changing and challenging profession with a vast range of career options and rich opportunities for deep personal job satisfaction. Professional social workers are experts who help people cope with complex interpersonal and social problems and obtain the resources they need to live with dignity. At the same time, the social worker is also committed to making society more responsive to people's needs
- Wherever there are people, there are social workers. A useful way to see the social worker's role is as "the professional in the middle". On the one side are the individual families; on the other, the community and its resources. The social worker weaves back and forth between the two--assessing, understanding, developing relationships, mobilizing and initiating/helping people build their own lives and helping the community create and deliver the services and supports that many people sometimes need
- Social work's historic mission has been helping the disadvantaged, those who have been excluded from participation in the ideal of a just and equitable society. But the contemporary social worker also assists people from all walks of life--rich and poor, black and white, young and old. No matter what the political climate or the nature of personal and social problems, there will always be a need for social workers because there will inevitably be people in need of assistance.
- Professional social workers deal with social issues and problems and work in such areas as local self governance, rural development, development of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, welfare of the persons with disabilities (both mental & physical), women and children, care for the aged, sex and child abuse, correctional administration, public health, drug addiction, poverty and unemployment, slum improvement, conflict-resolution, family & marriage counseling, labor welfare and the like.
- The Alumni of the Department are currently well placed in prestigious state and national level NGOs and Industrial Establishments like National Rural Health Mission and NREGA Programme, URMUL, NRLM, etc.
It is with the help of research that the Department in a modest way attempts to contribute to the existing body of knowledge needed to intervene in a variety of social situations. Research at the department is undertaken in the form of independent faculty level projects, doctoral dissertations, masters' level dissertations and departmental projects in the designated thrust areas
- MOU with Tata Institute of Social Services. Mumbai.
- MOU with Samaritan Hospital Pateri , Satna.